Friday, January 29, 2010

Eleanor's motley crew


I can't help myself-- Jeanne Gomoll just finished the cover for Eleanor's new book with Aqueduct, and I love it! It captures the tone of the story perfectly. I know I'm jumping the gun here, since we're just now having ARCs made. Hell, while I'm at it, I might as well give you Carolyn Ives Gilman's blurb, too:

Fair warning: don’t open this book unless you’re prepared to spend the next few hours in a world of Marxist aliens, sentient spacesuits, topsy-turvy gender relations, and eyes-glued-to-the-page adventure. Eleanor Arnason writes fast-paced space drama riddled with wry humor and social commentary. Heavens, it’s tasty.

3 comments:

Ian Sales said...

That looks pretty damn cool.

Timmi Duchamp said...

Color, of course, varies depending on the software, but my impression is that the colors in Jeanne's pdf are much brighter than those showing up via blogger software...

Eleanor said...

It's a lovely cover, and it captures the tone of the story. It has cheered me no end.