Monday, June 14, 2010

Another Aqueduct Writer in the Clarion West Write-a-thon

I'm joining Rachel Swirsky in participating in the Clarion West Write-a-thon, a fundraising event in which people sponsor writers who "shadow" the six-week Clarion West workshop by doing their own writing projects. I've promised to write 1,000 words of fiction per day, except for the period from June 30-July 5, when I'm off at Aikido camp. (I haven't yet learned not to overcommit myself, but I have at least learned that I can't do two intense projects at the same time.)

You can sponsor me on the Nancy Jane Moore Clarion West Write-a-thon page. You can select other writers to sponsor, or sponsor more than one at a time, on the main Write-a-thon page.

(Rachel, I was thinking about signing up anyway, but your entry nudged me along.)

3 comments:

Nicola Griffith said...

Kelley is also doing the Write-a-thon. You can sponsor her here.

Eileen Gunn said...

Yay, Nancy and Rachel! Other Aqueduct writers writing for Clarion West are Kelley Eskridge and myself. Anybody else? Post here!

My goal is a modest 250 words a day. I am hoping they will form sentences.

You can support us all by pledging a small donation to each, or you can back your favorite!

The funds are used to support Clarion West, keeping the wolf from the door and providing some of our scholarship money. If you are interested in attending Clarion West, scholarships are available for 2011.

Eileen Gunn said...

Crossposted with Nicola!